I'm on a bit of a baking spree, last week I decided I was craving cookies and so this is the result. Big fat chewy cookies that were crunchy on the bottom yet still soft and crumbly. I don't have much of a sweet tooth to be honest and these were actually a little too sugary for my taste, so next time I'm going to cut out half the sugar and the chocolate (please don't crucify me when I tell you I'm not a fan of chocolate). For everyone else, these rules should not apply. Original recipe from here.
- 180 g butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 250 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in sweetened condensed milk
- Stir in flour, then dark chocolate chips, mix well
- Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls, place on oven trays and press down gently
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden
I failed to space my cookies apart enough, not anticipating how much they'd rise and they ended up squashing up to each other in the oven, resulting in some straight edges. Nevertheless, still d. Cookies and cold milk, how perfect.